Friday, January 15, 2010

Market Day


Thursday, January 14;

Today is a quiet day. We had a leisurely breakfast, we planted the plants we purchased on the mountain. Leroy picked a spot by the Gazebo for the fern palm so he will see it from their living room. Reza and I placed the others in the raised bed by the little cottage. I can watch them grow from our living room or from our deck.

I sat on the deck and wrote for a while then showered and changed as I knew we were going into town for lunch and to run some errands.

Suddenly Reza and Leroy were ready to go and go NOW. By the time I had rounded Dan up Leroy had taken the car out of the gate and they were waiting for us so they could lock up. Apparently the businesses Leroy needed to see close for lunch and siesta so departure time had been moved forward!


Dan and Leroy went to the hardware store while Reza and I walked to the market. I stayed close behind her crossing the street because there is no apparent right of way and too many directions to look at once! We found a stall with good potatoes, similar to Yukon Gold at home. But I noticed their onions were not as nice as the next stall over. We found nice onions, peppers, garlic and even nice red onions they call “Bombay” at that stall. Then on around the market for fruit. As we left, Reza handed the vegetable man 5 pesos for hot peppers and he filled a small bag for her. That is ten cents Canadian for a bag of hot peppers! The variety and colour in the market makes an amazing picture but the smell is something else!


We met the fellows and moved on for a very nice lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Then on to the SM Mall for groceries.

On the return we stopped at the fish market for prawns and scallops. I did not get out this time as it was too wet for the camera and Reza gets a better price if I am not standing beside her. I’ll check out the fish market another day!

That seemed enough for this day so we headed home for our siesta.

Another good dinner and an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment